This pancake is a major game changer. If you think you’ve met one pancake, then you’ve met them all; you’d be wrong. Wait till you meet this special guest: fluffy and protein packed. This pancake will keep you satisfied all the way past lunch time.
I’ve made it for my picky toddler: loved it; I’ve made it for cyclists in training: loved it–asked for recipe; I’ve made it for a luxurious Sunday brunch: major love.
It’s easy to whip up. Requires minimal clean-up. What is there not to love about this pancake?
Major gratitude goes to Catherine McCord of Weelicious for her determination; she cracked the parental code for picky eaters with this recipe and provides the beautiful bonus of it being a total adult pleaser. Win-win. Thank you Catherine.
I make this at least two to three times a week. I went from never buying cottage cheese, to stacking 2-3 containers in my grocery cart. I’ve gone to cottage cheese crazy-town. And I am super lucky to enjoy local Clover-Stornetta’s mighty fine product as the star of the show.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 2 tbsp. honey, or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Unsalted butter or canola or vegetable oil for the pan
- Pure maple or berry syrup
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cottage cheese, vanilla, and honey.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Heat a large saute or griddle pan over medium heat. Lightly coat it with butter or oil and pour about 1/8-1/4 cup for each pancake.
Makes about 12 pancakes